- Crystal grew up in northern Missouri where she discovered passion for art in her younger years.
- She received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Missouri State University and minored in Art Design.
- After working as a graphic designer for 10 years, she began using her art and design skills to create surface and textile patterns.
- In 2015, she ordered her first sewing machine and began teaching herself how to sew with her designs printed on Spoonflower fabric.
- Nature is her favorite source of inspiration, as she loves flowers, birds and cheerful colors with a vintage vibe.